Friday, June 05, 2009

Hurricanes and More Hurricanes

I am having a surreal experience tonight; I am watching a news special about Hurricane Ike and it is just devastating. I lived it but I didn't really live it...if that makes any sense. We were so directly affected by the hurricane that we missed what really happened.

We went without power, phones, and obviously cable so long (we are talking weeks, not days) that we were completely isolated. We couldn't see the damage besides what happened in our neighborhood, we could only imagine all the devastation.

Well tonight, we are finally getting to see all the footage of what really happened. The before, during, and the after.

I knew it was bad, but because we were isolated I could never imagine how bad. It was horrific. After the 2 or 3 weeks of of no power and stuff, it seemed like it was over and everyone moved on. We never really heard about it and it was time to move on.

So that is what we did, moved on. Those of us of were isolated in our own little bubbles just had to keep going with never really knowing what happened.

Now tonight, I know what happened. And it sucked. Hurricanes suck. The funny thing is that it is now time to face another hurricane season.

All we can do now is pray that if it is our time again, that we are as lucky as we were this last time. Yes, I said lucky. We were lucky, it can always be worse.

No comments: