Tuesday, December 30, 2008
First, my new laptop has a fingerprint scanner that allows me to access all my online accounts, profiles, and shop online all with the swipe of my finger.
Second, I went to Darque Tan today and they had me set up fingerprint scan there so no one else can tan under my name.
Then this afternoon, I set up a Skype account and proceed to call my Pawpaw and chat with him over webcam.
I mean seriously people, how much more high tech can we get? It really blows my mind that all these new technologies are available to the general public and so easy to use.
I know I sound silly that all this stuff is so exciting to me and that it completely shocks me that this is the world we live in. But I can't help it, as a culture, we have come along way.
If you think about it, just in my 26 years I have seen cordless phones, the computer, the Internet, cell phones, and cable television come into almost every home.
If you stop and think about it, it is crazy!
Monday, December 29, 2008
The weather has been gross, wet, cold, and gray for SO LONG that I had forgotten what the sun looked like. I actually had to get my sunglasses out on the way to work!
Welcome Back Sunshine! We missed you!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
So bright and so fair.
When I entered that gate I cried, "Holy"
The angels all met me there:
They carried me from mansion to mansion,
And oh what sights I saw.
But I said, "I want to see Jesus,
He's the One who died for all."
Then I bowed on my knees and cried,"Holy, Holy, Holy."
Then I clapped my hands and sang, "Glory,Glory to the Son of God."
I thought as I entered that city,
My friends all knew me well.
They showed me the streets of Heaven;
Such scenes too numerous to tell;
I saw Abraham, Isaac and Jacob,
Mark, Luke and Timothy.
But I said, "I want to see Jesus,
He's the One who died for me."
I Bowed On My Knees and Cried Holy- Michael English
Friday, December 26, 2008
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
I did not wear a sleeveless dress and open toed shoes to my graduation because Miss Manners would not approve of such attire in December.
I did not wear my graduation regalia into Katz's Deli and hope that people told me congratulations....nope not me, I would never do such a thing.
Nope not me, I did not forget to send my uncle in Austin a Christmas card. And then send it with his Thank You card.
I did not order 2 dessert pizzas for me and the Unit. And we certainly did not eat said pizzas at 11pm!
I did not call my Dad this morning and tell him that it was "snowing" with hopes that he would tell me not come in this morning.
And I most certainly did not get sick with a respiratory infection the week of Christmas.
Now go check out what MckMama didn't do this week!
Sunday, December 21, 2008
I'm sorry I just think that it is craziness to still be shopping! The stores are all picked over and way too crowded. I just want to put the word out there, GET YOUR SHOPPING DONE BEFORE THE WEEK OF CHRISTMAS! Procrastinating on shopping only adds to the stress!
Take the time to enjoy the holidays, folks. Without the stress it is easy to focus on the real reason and meaning of the holiday.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
- I graduate tomorrow!
- The Unit is coming tomorrow!
- I really hope that I don't trip walking across the stage.
- I am ALMOST done Christmas shopping (technically I am done but I still have to accompany my Dad when he shops for my mom)
- The fact that Christmas is next week is blowing my mind. I am completely surprised by its fast approaching date.
- Remember when it seemed like it took forever for Christmas to be here?
- It has taken a long time for me to get in the Christmas spirit.... I think too much has been going on for me to focus on it.
- I am still excited for the day though.
- My Christmas tree looks weird; I tried new things this year and I am not sure how I feel about it.
- I washed my sheets tonight and I am excited to sleep in them!
- Apparently I am incapable of washing dishes without getting water all over the counters...apparently I am 5 five years old....
- Yippee I get to wear my fancy regalia tomorrow! I love me some graduation!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
I did not dress completely inappropriately for the cold weather twice and I did not over-layer for anticipation of cold weather that was not. Nope not me, that would be silly since I know how to check the weather.
And after the Relient K concert I did not allow myself to fantasize about marrying a rockstar. I am much to old to think about how cool it would be to be married to a (Christian) rockstar.
After spending $20 on stickers and play-doh for my clients (who are all under age 3) I did not seriously contemplate playing with them myself.
I did not not do my errands yesterday just so I wouldn't have to get my new car dirty. And I did not get a little sad this morning when I had to get my car out of the garage.
It did not take me 5 minutes to figure out how to unlock the office door this morning. I have a master's degree for goodness sake, unlocking doors is simple as can be.
It was certainly not me who was driving down Kingwood Drive this morning eating Eggo Waffles in my brand new car.
And it was definitely not me taking the elevator up 1 floor this morning because my shoes hurt my feet.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
B.Reith is Christian music's Justin Timberlake, and he is a cutie :)
Family Force Five......Christian Death Metal....Who knew?
Relient K, I *heart* you....they played my 2 favorite songs. I was a happy girl!
*Sorry for the poor photography...I am still figuring out my new camera.
Ok so I know this video is completely lame and ridiculously short but it was my first attempt at shooting a video and uploading it here. So just grin and bear it y'all :)
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Snow on my arm!
These pictures aren't very good, I don't know how to take pictures at night with my new camera.
Sorry for the cheesy excitement, we just don't get weather like this EVER this far south. I am EXCITED! I can't help it! Plus seriously this is only like the 3rd time I have ever even SEEN snow!
- Drank lots of hot tea
- Tried to fix the heat
- Designed and Redisgned 2 blog headers
- Listend to my itunes
- Entered 5 files into Xactimate
- Wrote a deposit slip
- Eat pita chips and salsa
- Stared out the window
- Watched Sabrina the Teenage Witch and King of the Hill
- Listened to the salesmen belittle the "new guy"
- Talked to my mom about dog sweaters
Man I have had a busy day.... EXCEPT NOT!
SOMEONE GIVE ME SOMETHING TO DO.
*Edited to add: After I finished this post my brother took pity on me and gave me something to do that occupied me until it was time to leave.
Monday, December 08, 2008
If you drive a dual exhaust truck, motorcycle, or any other vehicle with modified exhaust system; please don't park outside my window. But if you must park there then please, for the love of all things holy, do not start your vehicle and leaving it loudly idling at 6am. I do not have to be awake until 8 and I would appreciate not being awaken by your noise inducing exhaust. We live in this fine town that affords us warm weather 365 days a year thus there is no need to start your car to defrost or let the heater warm up. Your mindless idling only serves the purpose to annoy me.
We all must coexist together folks.
Your compliance would be appreciated,
Sunday, December 07, 2008
1. You will not marry during the term of your contract
2. You are not to keep company with men
3. You must be home between the hours of 8 PM and 6 AM unless attending a school function
4. You may not loiter downtown in ice cream parlors
5. You may not travel beyond the city limits unless you have the permission of the Chairman of the Board
6. You may not ride in a carriage or automobile with any man unless he is your father or brother
7. You may not smoke cigarettes
8. You may not dress in bright colors
9. You may, under NO circumstances dye your hair
10. You must wear at least two petticoats
11. Your dresses must not be any shorter than 2 inches about the ankle
It is definitely a good thing I didn't live in 1915.
Saturday, December 06, 2008
I have to be honest, I have kind of missed 3:30am...there is some quality TV on at this time.
I mean come on, it doesn't get better than vintage Degrassi: The Next Generation. :-)
Thursday, December 04, 2008
And with this Christmas wish is missed
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
I have my master's degree in early childhood education. I cannot believe it. It still feels surreal.
I turned my life upside down to pursue this goal and now that I have accomplished it I don't know what to do next.
I do have some things in the works. I am really concentrating on praying for God's will to be clear to me. Some of choices in the past have been made on my own, and I giving this next step of my life to God. He is control and I want to do His will.
- that I am really able to take myself out of all this and let God be in control
- for the couple of interviews I have lined up
- I feel confident that I seeking God's will and not my own ambitions
- I listen!
Monday, December 01, 2008
Ok I am back with a Not Me! post.
I did not curse at the christian radio station for only playing Christmas music. I did not rant about how annoying Christmas music is.
I did not come home early from work to do my homework, but instead read Perez Hilton.
I did not eat 3 breakfasts this morning.
I did not really want to tell one of ECI moms that her baby can't hold his head up because his head is HUGE.
I did not almost go to Journey's to buy baby checkerboard vans because that would be weird since I don't have kids.
And I did not waste 15 minutes tonight trying to connect to the wireless network on campus so I could do a Not Me Monday post when I should have been working on my portfolio.