No but seriously it was still a good day at Rancho De Vielle
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Marley and Me-
OK, this movie was playing on the plane....honestly I didn't watch it because I didn't want to watch a sad movie. I mean, seriously, a dying dog...no thank you!
Ashley Rating- ZERO STARS
I rented this movie on iTunes; I had of course seen but it is still a really good movie. I couldn't help but drool over Brad Pitt and George Clooney. Plus I love Las Vegas so that was another benefit to watching the movie. I like that this movie offers subtle quick wit along with the decent plot line.
Ashley Rating- TWO 1/2 STARS
I know I mentioned a little about this already but I really really liked this movie. I was VERY resistant to the whole Twilight phenomenon, however I wanted to see what the hype was about so I thought for $2.99 I could watch the movie and deem the fanatics as crazy! I am not too proud to admit I am hooked. The movie was very well done and the acting was fantastic. The casting director for this movie should win an award. The actors were a PERFECT choice. So now I am firmly placed on the Twilight/Edward Cullen bandwagon! I even purchased the first book and will hopefully have the whole series read by the time the second movie comes out.
Ashley Rating- FOUR STARS
Hannah Montana: The Movie-
As far as cheesy teeny bopper movies go, this one was awesome! It all the elements that make up a good cheesy movie.
- Family Drama-- CHECK!
- Love Interest-- CHECK!
- Learning Something New -- CHECK!
- Life Lessons-- CHECK!
- A Villain to be defeated-- CHECK!
- The heroine wins in the end and gets the boy-- CHECK!
So I give Hannah Montana
Oh Zac Efron...I wish you were a few years older. ;-) But in all seriousness, this was another really good movie. I was very impressed with the acting. The beautiful Zac Efron is actually a really good actor ( And no, I didn't ever watch High School Musical). There were some elements of perviness because of teenager/adult/parent/child weirdnes but not so pervy that you wouldn't want to watch it. So go see this movie!
Ashley Rating- FOUR STARS
I am not even going to bother with a review for this one. Don't watch it.
Ashley Rating- ZERO STARS
I had seen this movie and really liked it, so I bought it on iTunes. This movie has Jude Law, Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, and Jack Black; while this is a random conglomerate of actors, they surprisingly worked well together. Such a good romantic comedy and definitely a good chick flick!
Ashley Rating- THREE STARS
See I told y'all I watched a lot of movies!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Put your toes in the sand at Alki Beach
Take silly pictures with your best friend
Visit the very first ever Starbucks
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Much I would love Twilight. I can't believe it, I tried to dent the lure of it but it finally happened. I rented Twilight on iTunes to watch on the plane to Seattle. And Lord help, I thought the movie was fantastic. I'm totally hooked. I'm going to buy all the books and see all the movies.
I fully admit I have gotten suckered into the craze!
Long live Edward and Bella! Hahahaha!!
Now I'm off to explore Seattle :-)
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Was the precious life He gave
But now He's alive and
There's an empty grave.
And I know my Redeemer lives
I know my Redeemer lives
Let all creation testify
Let this life within me cry
I know my Redeemer. "
Friday, April 10, 2009
Monday, April 06, 2009
A Little Life Overview:
I have hit the road to-
- Huntsville/Navasota: to see the Texas Bluebonnets, reminisce with my Mom at her alma mater, get good country food, look at some cows, and have quality girl time with friends.
- The Ranch: to check out the new gate; ventured into a small town hardware store on a Saturday and made a mental note not to do that again! (Yikes it was crowded)
- Pearland: a friend from school's baby shower. While still in the Houston metro area, Pearland is still in an hour away so I count it as a road trip! HAHAHA! Houston is too big sometimes! :-)
Things I am looking forward to-
- Buying my motorcycle: On the way back from the ranch my Dad and I stopped at a motorsports shop where I found a dirt bike that is perfect for me. I am so excited; I have been agonizing over which one to get, and this one is a great price and I can pick the color. I mean, seriously y'all, I can have a hot pink bike made for me! HOT PINK! LOVE IT!! I am going to order it this week, so maybe after Easter I can take it to the ranch!!!!
- Going to Seattle: The weekend after Easter I am going to visit Best Friend Laura in Seattle. I am excited to go on a "real" trip and I have never been to Seattle well I have never been west of Las Vegas so this is a completely different part of the country for me to see! I haven't seen Best Friend Laura since my graduation in December so I am thrilled to just see her!
Praises for me and my loved ones-
- Best Friend Laura got engaged this weekend! I helped a little with the planning and scheming so it was fun to know before she did! HAHA! I am so happy for her and Jeremy. I pray that God blesses their lives and marriage.
- Daddy is another year older and we are blessed to have been able to celebrate his birthday. Love you Daddy!
- I have been able to keep my house clean for 2 weeks. And while that doesn't sound like much but for me it is a total miracle! I am by no means a natural housekeeper and since I am single and live alone there is little motivation for me to keep things neat and tidy. :-) Character flaw, yes I know, but I am working on it. I am not going to catch me a husband with a messy house! ;-)
- Jobs Jobs Jobs.... I am still looking for a job in my field. Tomorrow I go to a job fair so hopefully that could lead somewhere. I am so ready for a permanent job! (Not that I am not incredibly blessed and thankful for the job working for my Dad, but I want to use my education)
Whew....that was a lot of info.....anyone make it to the end?!