Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Had to Back Off

My blog was turning into nothing but a place for me to whine, and have a pity party. I don’t want this to be the place where all I do is say “poor me; why is this happening to me; blah blah blah”. So I had to back away and deal with my junk somewhere else.

This post will be something different. I want this post to be about blessings. Yes the bad stuff is still there, but I don’t want to talk about that. I want to proclaim all the blessing God has giving me and shows me on a daily basis.

First, my family is amazing. They show nothing but support and bend over backwards to help me.

Secondly, I have fantastic friends that show me support, love, and kindness. They understand the bad and show me love. They rejoice in my successes and allow me to rejoice in theirs. I have friends that I feel confident won’t just run away.

Third, my job(s) allow me to follow my passion. I love what I do and I love the people I work with. Again, in this struggle my employers and coworkers have been nothing but astoundingly understanding and compassionate. I am so lucky.

Fourth, I have had the opportunity to have awesome adventures lately. I am lucky that I am able to get out and enjoy life.

Mostly, I am thankful. Life is good, despite the bad. The bad will not equal destruction.

1 comment:

S.I.F. said...

I have definitely been stuck in a little bit of a "poor me" mentality lately too... And sometimes stepping back is all you can really do. Love your list of blessings though... Way to focus on the positive! :)