Monday, August 11, 2008

Teach for America

Anyone have any thoughts? Insights? Pros? Cons?

I am considering applying to Teach for America. It would be a unique opportunity for me to either go somewhere totally different for a couple of year or even stay close to home to teach in the inner city for a couple of years. It is definitely something to think about....

I wish I knew someone that had done and completed the program. I would like to have some real insight from someones experience.

Keep me in your prayers while I determine if this is God's will for me.

1 comment:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Hmmm...I had a friend do it and LOVE it, and then I had a friend consider it and decided to just get a first job in an inner city school because it came with health benefits and stuff. That could have been a different program though -- maybe teach for America does that now? Of course that doesn't look as cool on a resume and you can't tell people you did it as service and stuff.

(hi, by the way!)