Monday, September 29, 2008

Hurricane Ike by the Numbers

Ike was a category 2 storm.

Number of lives lost 51. (not counting the unknowen lives that were swept away in Galveston)
Number of homes without power 2 million.
Number of bruises on my legs from clean up 6.
Number of days without power 11.
Number of days with no phones 5.
Number of generators 2.
Number of portable AC units 2.
Number of gallons of gas for the generators approx 300.
Number of windows lost 1.
Number of trees lost 2.
Number of times the carbon monoxide detector went off 2.
Number of garbage bags filled (at least) 20.
Number of Gilmore Girls episodes watched 12.

Number of trees on our home 0
Number of cars totaled 0
Number of friends and family lost 0
Number of friends and family without a home 0
Number of days without water 0

Number of times I was thankful it wasn't so hot COUNTLESS
Number of times my brother made us laugh COUNTLESS
Number of times my mom did a flashlight check COUNTLESS
Number of times I thanked God we were safe COUNTLESS
Number of times my Dad had to check the generators COUNTLESS
Number of times our neighbors thanked us for the help COUNTLESS
Number of times I was thankful for the Carbon Monoxide detector COUNTLESS
Number of times I was thankful we were prepared COUNTLESS
Number of times I was thankful for my family COUNTLESS
Number of times my mom fussed at the boys for not finishing their drinks COUNTLESS
Number of times my dad tried to make us go to bed early and we ignored him COUNTLESS

No comments: