Sunday, March 08, 2009

"The Ranch"

I went to our family's land out in Magnolia this weekend for the first time. This piece of land has been in our family for a LONG time, and with my grandfathers passing my Mom and Uncle are now in control of it. So on Saturday we had some of it cleared (not completely cleared, just maintenance clearing), along with a driveway and trails cut through the acres so that we could access more than the perimeter of the property. Now that the land is accessible I have affectionately named it "The Ranch". Right now there is nothing there but what God put there, but we have plans for it. I was so glad to go out there; my Grandfather loved that land and was the last one in his family to hold on to his acres. I know he was looking down from heaven with a big smile on his face when he saw us taking care of it and enjoying being out there.


For some reason we took the Cadillac instead of the Jeep...not a smart idea

Trails through the cleared area

Big tree that was down from Hurricane Ike.

This what I want for "The Ranch"
(*Authors Note: Pawpaw tell Daddy we need some dirt bikes out there)

No comments: