Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Little Piece of Movie Reviews

While on my trip to Seattle I had the occasion to watch quite a few movies during the 5 hour flights and 2 trips to the theater. Thus I am going to offer you folks, my expert opinion on these movies.

Marley and Me-

OK, this movie was playing on the plane....honestly I didn't watch it because I didn't want to watch a sad movie. I mean, seriously, a dying dog...no thank you!

Ashley Rating- ZERO STARS

Ocean's Eleven-

I rented this movie on iTunes; I had of course seen but it is still a really good movie. I couldn't help but drool over Brad Pitt and George Clooney. Plus I love Las Vegas so that was another benefit to watching the movie. I like that this movie offers subtle quick wit along with the decent plot line.

Ashley Rating- TWO 1/2 STARS

Twilight-

I know I mentioned a little about this already but I really really liked this movie. I was VERY resistant to the whole Twilight phenomenon, however I wanted to see what the hype was about so I thought for $2.99 I could watch the movie and deem the fanatics as crazy! I am not too proud to admit I am hooked. The movie was very well done and the acting was fantastic. The casting director for this movie should win an award. The actors were a PERFECT choice. So now I am firmly placed on the Twilight/Edward Cullen bandwagon! I even purchased the first book and will hopefully have the whole series read by the time the second movie comes out.

Ashley Rating- FOUR STARS

Hannah Montana: The Movie-

As far as cheesy teeny bopper movies go, this one was awesome! It all the elements that make up a good cheesy movie.
  • Family Drama-- CHECK!
  • Love Interest-- CHECK!
  • Learning Something New -- CHECK!
  • Life Lessons-- CHECK!
  • A Villain to be defeated-- CHECK!
  • The heroine wins in the end and gets the boy-- CHECK!

So I give Hannah Montana

FIVE STARS

17, Again-

Oh Zac Efron...I wish you were a few years older. ;-) But in all seriousness, this was another really good movie. I was very impressed with the acting. The beautiful Zac Efron is actually a really good actor ( And no, I didn't ever watch High School Musical). There were some elements of perviness because of teenager/adult/parent/child weirdnes but not so pervy that you wouldn't want to watch it. So go see this movie!

Ashley Rating- FOUR STARS

Deal-

I am not even going to bother with a review for this one. Don't watch it.

Ashley Rating- ZERO STARS

The Holiday-

I had seen this movie and really liked it, so I bought it on iTunes. This movie has Jude Law, Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, and Jack Black; while this is a random conglomerate of actors, they surprisingly worked well together. Such a good romantic comedy and definitely a good chick flick!

Ashley Rating- THREE STARS

See I told y'all I watched a lot of movies!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Thanks! I haven't seen HM yet, but I enjoyed Ocean's 11 and The Holiday :)