Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Today was a long day. I got to school really early to work on a project and then had 2 classes. Yikes, I felt like I was there FOREVER... well I sort of was.

I was talking to my best friend on the way home from school tonight and we were talking about how he is about to graduate from law school. Then I started thinking about how many of my friends are about to be lawyers. I was going to be a lawyer until I was about to graduate and go off to law school and I decided that I didn't want to be a lawyer. But with my classmates impending graduation, it does make me think, how different my life would be right now if I had gone to law school. If I went I would have probably gone to NYC with Robbie and I probably would have hated every second of all that work and stress. Most of my friends were miserable for the last 3 years. I am very glad that I wasn't miserable for 3 years and I don't have hundreds of thousands of dollars in loans, but it does make me sad that I wasted so much of college when I was focused on getting into law school. Everything I did was focused on that goal. I was over involved with my honors college classes, community events, sorority officer stuff, student body organizations, and pre law/honor societies. But what for.... I didn't go anyway. Sometimes I think I should have just gone to law school and then I would be weeks away from being a lawyer like everyone else I knew in college.

But I have faith that law school was not God's plan for me and He has bigger and better things in store for me. And hey, if I ever need a lawyer, I got that covered. I have connections in the Harris County DA's office, Texas Court of Appeals, and who knows where the other ones will end up! :)

No comments: