Monday, May 04, 2009

When The Sun Goes Down, We Be Groovin'

Last night I went to the Kenny Chesney concert with some friends. The weather prediction was dismal to say the least. I fully expected to be standing in mud in the pouring rain. But the weather was perfect! And as a nice bonus, there was a breeze that lowered the temp so much that you would never know it was a May night in Texas.

I love going to concerts as the sober one. It is so fun to sit and watch drunk people act a fool. We were sitting next to some characters. One lady was so drunk that she fell into the group in front of her before Kenny Chesney even started! The guy next to us was so inebriated that he told me his whole life story. I did not need to know that this guy is separated from his wife (who he was at the concert with) and that after 16 years and 2 kids they were breaking up. I mean seriously guy, TMI!

So moral of the story is that it was an awesome concert. :-) I attempted to get some good pictures but didn't get any good results! Oh well!




2 comments:

Bethany said...

I love concerts, especially outside ones! Glad you had fun- and I agree about being the sober one :)

beckylbranch said...

ha..ha..sounds like you got stuck next to a good one! I always get stuck by people like that in airplanes and by the end of the flight I know their life stories and what brand of deoderant they use and where they like to vacation. TMI indeed! Anways-I'm glad you had a good time at the concert regardless and I'm sure it was a funny one :)