Saturday, May 24, 2008

Without getting into any details about how or why I got into this slightly depressed pity party mood, I decided that I need to create a list of the blessings in my life that I can revisit when I am getting down and having a "I wish my life were different" night. So here goes:
  1. My faith and relationship with my savior Jesus Christ
  2. I can worship the Lord freely and openly in whatever way or anywhere I want.
  3. I have amazing parents who love me unconditionally and support me in all I do.
  4. Wonderful Grandparents who do anything for me and have provided for my life thus far and my life in the future.
  5. I had a place to come home to that didn't question my reasons for leaving or coming back.
  6. I had the opportunity to go back to school to finish my education.
  7. There was an academic advisor who was willing to go to bat for me.
  8. I met Amber on my very first day at a new school. She has been my rock and guide post and I am lucky to have her on my new journey.
  9. My two best friends didn't let me fall by the wayside when I ran and have remained my constants.
  10. Even if we hadn't talked in years and are not as close as we once were I have many friends that I could call if I really needed them.
  11. I never have to worry about the necessities of life.
  12. I can honestly and faithfully believe that God will provide.
  13. In comparison to some, I am relatively healthy.
  14. I have discovered I can learn things about others, faith, God, myself, and what I need to do for other people from blogs.
  15. There is always another day and when I wake up I can praise God for all that he has given me.

Well that is a working list that I am sure can and will be only added to.

No comments: