Monday, June 30, 2008

How many is too many?

So I was watching Jon & Kate plus 8 and I was thinking to myself that I hope that I don't ever have that many kids. Then that show called Kids By The Dozen came on. I don't want to pass judgement but some of those families with 13 or 14 kids seem so strange. Its like having a ton of kids makes you weird. I know that the families on those Kids By The Dozen shows aren't representative of all extra large families but I think they need to have a "normal" extra large family on there just to show the other side of the issue.

I have been thinking a lot lately about how many kids is the right number to have. I am from a family of 4 (a mom, a dad, and 2 kids) and I think that is perfect. But I think that I am going to go by the rule that I am not going to have any more kids than I can give everything to. I don't want to have kids that are going to have to sacrifice just because there is a lot kids in the family. If I know that it won't be feasible to give more than 1 child everything they need and/or want then I will not have anymore.

I want to be able to give everything to my kids. I want them to be able to have all the things they want, to be able to do whatever activities they want, and for them to know what it is like to have nice things. I want to be able to take them on vacations and have them see the world. I want them to be able to go to college without worrying about loans or having to work. I want to be able to leave them something when I'm gone.

I want them to have it all.

No comments: