Saturday, March 22, 2008

Wow a year can change a lot. Last Easter I spent my weekend alone. On Easter Sunday I served with my wonderful 2 year olds at The Cove Church and then went home to eat my Bojangles. I remember I was so sad that I was all alone. All my friends in NC went home to be with their families and its not that they didn't ask me to come along, but anyone who has been an orphan in a state alone knows that it doesn't always help to be an add in at someone else's family functions. I desperately wanted to be with my family. I spent quite a few holidays alone last year. Money issues made it hard to fly home as much as I would have liked. But now this year my Easter weekend if off to a great start. Today I went to lunch and shopping with my dad (oh and FYI I bought a size smaller pants today! woohooo go me! 25lbs down, and still a lot more to go!). I got to help my mom pick out an outfit to wear to church and I loaned her one of my new shirts. And on Sunday, my grandparents, Uncle Mark and Uncle Phil, and my parents and I are going to church at Second Baptist-North. Then that is all followed by lunch at my parents house. I feel so blessed to be able to celebrate with my family.

Matthew 28
After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.
2There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. 4The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
5The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6He is not here; he has risen, just as he said."

No comments: